We are currently seeking a Water Resources/Drainage Engineer for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice.
The Water Resources Engineer will be responsible for our Illinois Water Resources projects and clients; drainage analysis, design and production; bridge hydraulic analysis as well as environmental permitting in accordance with IDOT, USACE, ISTHA, Northern Illinois County, local municipality drainage and hydrology standards, criteria, and accepted practices.
Additional responsibilities will include assisting in marketing and proposal efforts; water resources group building and coordination, working on a variety of projects with different clients including, but not limited to, IDOT, CDOT, ISTHA, USACE, and various national, municipal, and county entities; as well as mentoring, training, and/or supervising junior engineers and engineer interns.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university
- 3-10 years prior work experience within the field of civil engineering specializing in water resource designs specific to municipal storm water improvements and/or heavy highway projects
- Advanced level of technical writing and communication skills required for technical reports and proposals
- Significant experience working on projects with IDOT, ISTHA, CDOT, and Chicago collar county and municipalities
- Intermediate to advanced experience of roadway and traffic control plan design, utility coordination, environmental permitting, and/or Phase 1 project development
- Advanced knowledge of CADD and drainage software
- Knowledge of ArcGIS preferred
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds appealing, please consider applying. We would love to hear about your goals and aspirations and how we can help facilitate your success here at RS&H.
We value highly-motivated individuals that are interested in collaboratively working with a team of ambitious thinkers, learners, and entrepreneurs. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation.
With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.